Make 2014 a Healthier You Year by finding ways to boost your health, fitness, and well-being, and be an inspiration to others! Arbonne Essentials can help you do just that!
Posts Tagged ‘Arbonne’
If you’re like most parents of babies, you know the importance of good nutrition so you read baby food labels and carefully avoid dangerous preservatives and artificial colors. But, how much time do you spend reading the labels of your favorite baby care products? You may think that because a product is marketed for babies it must be safe but unfortunately, that is not always the case. In fact, some popular brands of baby care products, including shampoos, washes, lotions, ointments, and wipes, contain potentially dangerous ingredients.
While it would be nice to think that the FDA, Food and Drug Administration, is protecting our children from potentially dangerous chemicals, that just isn’t so. Baby care products are considered to be cosmetics by the FDA and with the exception of color additives, ingredients in cosmetics are not subject to FDA approval. Individual cosmetic and personal care product companies are responsible for determining the safety of their products prior to placing them on the market. Basically, the FDA is only involved in ensuring proper labeling of cosmetics. It’s sad to say but companies can even include a dangerous ingredient in a product as long as the proper warning label is included. So the bottom line is that as a parent you MUST read the labels!
To find out what is in your baby care products, go to the Environmental Working Group Cosmetics Database
2 scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder (20 grams of vegan protein, plus 20 essential vitamins and minerals)
1 Organic Apple, cored (Wash away harmful toxins in the body)
1 Organic Lemon, juiced (This citrus fruit helps boosts the digestive tract)
1 Cup Organic Kale (Chlorophyll kick starts the digestive tract by ridding the body of pesticides and environmental toxins)
1 Stalk Organic Celery (Used as a diuretic for centuries and thought to be an excellent blood cleanser)
1 Teaspoon Flax Seed Oil (Great source of Omega-3’s and ridding the body of harmful toxins)
1 Cup Arbonne Detox Tea, chilled (Boost digestive tract and flush out harmful toxins)
Add all the above ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth then pour over ice.
Arbonne Energy Lemonade
1 Organic Lemon, Cut Into Slices
1 Arbonne Energy Citrus Fizz Stick
Lots of Ice
Combine Fizz Stick in Half Full Arbonne Essentials Bottle of Water (do not pour into a full water bottle as fizzing could cause an overflow)
Add Lemon and Ice
YES! RE9 Advanced for Men is an advanced line of grooming products that addresses the specific skin care needs of men.
Men’s skin is oilier and more acidic than women’s skin. Their skin is denser and thicker, but steadily becomes thinner with age. Men’s skin is also firmer due to higher levels of collagen, but with aging, collagen levels decrease dramatically. Once the process of aging starts, the skin rapidly loses its firmness and tone, and deep wrinkles start to form.
RE9 Advanced for Men formulas are competitive with benchmarks in performance, ingredients & technology, value packaging and functionality. RE9 Advanced for Men product line provides results whilestill pure, safe and beneficial, shown with clinically proven results.
In a clinical study conducted over four weeks, participants using RE9 Advanced for Men reported the following results:
- 81% reported products calmed and soothed their skin within one week.
- 95% reported an improvement in skin hydration within four weeks.
- 90% reported improved skin tone and clarity within four weeks.
- 81% reported their skin felt more energized and revitalized within four weeks.
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, a time to increase awareness of the importance of the prevention, early detection, and treatment of skin cancer. Skin cancer is chiefly a lifestyle disease and is highly preventable.
“About 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers and 65 percent of melanoma cases are associated with exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun,” says Perry Robins, MD, President of The Skin Cancer Foundation. “Everyone, regardless of skin color, should make staying safe in the sun a priority and incorporate sun protection measures into their daily life.”
Here is how to reduce your risk of skin cancer:
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 AM and 4 PM when the sun is strongest. An extra rule of thumb is the “shadow rule.” If your shadow is shorter than you are, the sun’s harmful UV radiation is stronger; if your shadow is longer, UV radiation is less intense.
- Do not burn. A person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he or she has had five or more sunburns at any point in life.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths. UV radiation from tanning machines is known to cause cancer in humans, and the more time a person has spent tanning indoors, the higher the risk. Those who make just four visits to a tanning salon per year can increase their risk for melanoma by 11 percent, and their risk for the two most common forms of skin cancer, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, by 15 percent.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses. Clothing can be your most effective form of sun protection, so make the most of it with densely woven and bright-or dark-colored fabrics, which offer the best defense. The more skin you cover, the better, so choose long sleeves and long pants whenever possible.
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
- Keep newborns out of the sun. Sunscreens may be used on babies over the age of six months, but they should also be protected by shade and clothing. Children are very sensitive to ultraviolet radiation— just one severe sunburn in childhood doubles the chances of developing melanoma later in life.
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month. While self-exams shouldn’t replace the important annual skin exam performed by a physician, they offer the best chance of detecting the early warning signs of skin cancer. If you notice any change in an existing mole or discover a new one that looks suspicious, see a physician immediately.
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
Detoxing doesn’t cure disease, but cleanses the body so it can heal itself.
In Don Colbert, M.D.’s book, Toxic Relief, he says detoxifying our bodies can help with “heart disease, cancer, strokes, diabetes, obesity, fatigue, memory loss, premature aging, skin disorders, arthritis, hormone imbalances, chronic fatigue, anxiety, and emotional disorders.” He also says “Deep cleansing your body right down to the cellular level will renew your vitality, restore your energy, reclaim your health, shed toxic fat, lengthen your life and give you a healthy glow you haven’t had in years.”
So why wait until you are sick to start thinking about detoxification and living a healthier life?
Its sandal season and dry, crusty skin on the bottom of your feet can be irritating and embarrassing. Walking in bare feet, or friction against the insoles of your shoes, both can contribute toward calluses and dry, crusty skin, but there’s no reason you have to live with it. If you follow these 5 easy steps, you will have beautiful feet in no time at all.
- Fill a foot bath with 1 gallon warm water and stir in 1 scoop of Arbonne Aromassentials Unwind Bath Salts. Soak your feet in the foot bath for at least 10 minutes to soften the calluses.
- Remove your feet from the foot bath and pat them dry with a clean towel. Rub a dampened pumice stone over the calluses on the soles of your feet to wear away the thick skin. Calluses generally appear on the front pads of the soles and on the heels; sometimes they are even along the outside of the side of the sole. Use the pumice stone for three or four minutes on each area. Rinse the pumice stone to remove dead skin cells and allow it to air dry.
- Dampen your skin with warm water. Place about a dime-sized amount of Arbonne Aromassentials Awaken Sea Salt Scrub in your hands. Scrub the soles of your feet and the rest of your feet with the scrub to remove dead skin cells. Rinse your feet with warm water and pat them dry.
- Apply FC5 Skin Conditioning Oil to your front pads of the soles and on the heels while the skin is still moist. Put white cotton socks on your feet, this will warm the feet, allowing for better absorption into the skin, leading to much softer feet. Wear the socks overnight, if possible.
- Remove your cotton socks. Massage FC5 Cooling Foot Crème into the soles of your feet and the rest of your feet in the morning.
Arbonne RE9 Advanced will show visible results in just 24 hours.
83% of participants reported skin firmness in 24 hours
92% of participants reported a reduction of fine lines in one week
96% of participants reported a refinement in skin texture within one week
100% would recommend RE9 Advanced to their friends and family
100% vegan certified – no animal products
No formaldehyde-donating preservatives
No petroleum based ingredients such as: benzene, mineral oil, petrolatum, phthalates or toluene
No artificial colors
And Arbonne uses certified organic ingredients whenever possible
- Apply Black Out eye shadow on the corner of the eye with a flat brush and blend it towards the middle.
- With a blending brush apply a Java (Brown) eye shadow on the top part where you applied the black one and work upwards till the brown dissipates.
- In the inside of the eye lid apply Vanilla eye shadow with a sponge tip applicator, stopping right at the middle of the eye.
- With a sponge tip applicator apply Smoke (Bronze) eye shadow to the middle of the eyelid and blend with the Black/Brown.
- Apply Snow (Highlighter) eye shadow under your eyebrow; it can be a shimmery color or white.
- Then apply Black liquid eyeliner just to the top of your eye.
- Apply the Triple Action Mascara, use a “back-and-forth” motion at the root of the lashes, then sweep upwards.
- With a White eye pencil fill the inside bottom of your eye from corner to corner.
- Apply the Cocoa eye pencil in the outer bottom of your eye from the outer corner to your tear duct.
- Then from your tear duct till the inner corner of the eye apply Snow (White) eye shadow.
- Finish with Triple Action Mascara to the bottom lashes.
I do and you have the right to know what is in your cosmetics, too!
What do you do if you really want only pure and safe cosmetics? It doesn’t take a lot of time to get a basic knowledge of what to avoid and what ingredients are safe.
Buy products that are never tested on animals and that do not contain animal-derived ingredients or animal by-products! Buy products that are vegan certified and as “natural” as possible.
Avoid products containing:
- Formaldehyde/ DMDM/diazolidinyl urea/ quaternium-15
- Mineral Oil
- Phthalates/ diethyl phthalate/ DEP/ dinbutyl phthalate
- Artificial Colors
- Artificial Fragrances
The important thing to remember is that cosmetic products are not approved by the FDA with the exception of color additives. Cosmetic companies are responsible for the safety of their products before marketing. Find a company that extensively reviews their products for safety including tests for irritancy and allergens. When buying cosmetics and skin care products make sure that the products have been dermatologist tested, not just dermatologist approved.
Detoxification is the body’s natural process to filter waste and toxins from our cells, organs and blood. There are two primary organs responsible for detoxifying the body, and those are the liver and the kidneys.
Cleansing is the process of actually eliminating these toxins from our body. After the liver and kidneys filter out and breakdown the toxins, the toxins are then sent to two different places, either into the urine or into bile to be removed.
Whether you are dieting or not, we expose ourselves to many different things that can cause toxicity in our bodies. Arbonne’s Herbal Detox Tea is something you need to incorporate into your diet everyday. This product is formulated to help rid your body of toxins while preparing your body for your successful weight loss goals and to maintain good health. This product is an all-natural blend of botanical ingredients that supports the normal functions of the liver, kidneys and blood, while supporting toxin elimination.
Don’t confuse this product with the detox diets, where you do a severe detox diet for three to five days, and you fast, and you gradually incorporate liquids and solids back into your diet. This is a product that is designed to be used everyday; it is mild and contains all natural herbs, without the harshness of some of the trendy diets that are on the market today.
The key thing to remember about Arbonne’s Herbal Detox Tea is the antioxidant protection, the diuretic characteristics, and the fact that we are naturally supporting our detoxifying and cleansing processes, by removing the toxins, and eliminating them from the body.
I love this shade of red… Runway Red by Arbonne Cosmetics complemented my skin tone, enhancing the natural beauty of my skin. My skin was radiant and glowing. I especially loved that the color was light enough that it didn’t look heavy, and the soft shimmery texture looked gorgeous in natural light. Nothing more than loving red lipstick is the feeling of not wearing any. For that smudge-proof kissable pout with ultra hydration, Runway Red is the perfect shade of red for everyday, and especially for all those special occasions!